Human- The only creature who is slashing trees each day, fabricating paper from this… and then on these pages he writes ‘Save Trees’. Ironical!! Isn’t it??
It’s time to take lesson from it! We can’t cease using papers all together, but still we can lessen this to some extent.
Two ‘R’s can prove worthwhile, i.eRecycle and Reuse.
- Don’t just work on single side of the page. Utilize the other one two.
- Showcase your craft skills and artwork on your walls..! Went into some shock or trauma? Come out… I meant to embellish your walls with paper work. Use magazines cover pages, greeting cards, purposeless wrapping papers for designing a wall frame.
- Glasses and windows always require some harsh material for cleaning or polishing them up… Bingo! You are thinking in the correct direction.. PAPER. Use newspapers, waste papers to heal this up.
- A home where a kid or two or even some young person is expertise in doing painting; hand over these bunch of waste papers. Even if someone not expertise but just pretending(Who cares! :D), then also the same.
- Packing Material – Newspaper and plain brown paper would be best. Do the packing stuff with these harmless weapons that can be easily found in any corner of your shelter.
- Wrap the waste papers around the unripe fruits. This will prove beneficial in ripening these fruits more quickly.
- Paper waste coming from Scrap machines can be taken into use as small string of ribbons that can be use to adorn the small gifts and things.
- Preparing a fruit basket, Easter basket or any gift basket but not able to bring the required grace on that!!?? Go to your storeroom and take papers from there!
Now use these to give the basket a enriched look by doing the colorful wrapping. Infact give this chance to your kids. I am sure they must be having more interest and good choice when it comes to play with colors.. Cheers!!
- Old books.. What you will do with them is either handling them to some needy or selling them to those kabadiwalas(scrap collector). Still few small books are there which don’t find their place in any of the two categories! Then give them space in your home. Confused! Don’t be!! Make paper dolls. Or use these books to make the leaves of a paper wreath. Adorn your front door with this paper wreath and show your artwork to all!
- Trying to save CDs/DVDs from dirt and scratch! Here comes the paper to your rescue. Prepare Paper Cases for them.
- Time to hone the innovative side of your rockstar kid—hand over him waste papers and ask him to prepare Pen-pencil holders with them
- Having a short-term ‘ghajni’ memory, so relying much on sticky notes? Me too… Cut up the sections of useless papers into squares and use as sticky notes.
- Bring into use the extremely worthless papers and turn them into bookmarks.
- Stainless steel things placed in your home are losing shine!!? Worry not! Scrub them with wadded up wet newspapers.
- Line the drawers of your refrigerator/wardrobe with newspaper or waste papers to keep them away from dust and to avoid them cling on the surface directly.
- Show some gratuity towards society. Do some donation. Donate the old magazines, devotional books or story books to your nearby orphanage, old age and nursing homes. They will love to read these.
Ending this here but that doesn’t mean that it’s the end of the uses list. There are tons of uses of papers that you have previously deemed ‘trash’. Just be imaginative. Open the windows of your brain and storeroom of your house!!